We specialise in the innovative use of GPR surveys in the Civil Engineering and Building sectors.
The Sandberg Ground Penetrating Radar Department provides a wide range of specialist GPR surveys that accurately assess buildings and structures. The survey results can help identify defects and problems early, enabling our clients to facilitate cost-effective repair, rehabilitation, or renovation solutions.
Our survey teams include trained geophysicists and in-house trained GPR surveyors. You can be sure that our experts will execute your survey, data processing, and interpretation to the highest professional standards.
We have a wide range of the latest GPR equipment, enabling us to provide reliable and focused surveys using the most appropriate survey techniques. Our goal is to ensure that we meet your survey objectives.
Advantages of a GPR survey
- GPR resolves changes in the sub-surface to detect a variety of different materials.
- Non-destructive and non-intrusive, causing no damage to the material being scanned.
- Suitable for use in occupied buildings.
- It offers depth information on detected features.
- It can map the planar extent of sub-surface features.
- Fast data acquisition enables large areas to be surveyed quickly and cost-effectively.
- High-frequency GPR surveys can determine structural problems and perform concrete assessments such as calculating ground slab thickness or rebar mapping within reinforced concrete slabs.
- Low-frequency surveys can penetrate deeper and detect buried objects, voids, foundations and geological features.
- Flexible turnaround. Preliminary results are available on-site and detailed reports within days.
Find out more about Ground Penetrating Radar and how it works.
Our twelve most popular GPR surveys.
A fast and efficient NDT method for locating chimney flues within walls.
Determine reinforcement detail, slab thickness and changes in construction.
Location of service conduits within floor screeds and reinforced concrete slabs.
Surveys to locate embedded beams, columns, metal dowels, pins and cramps.
Accurate location of tendon ducts in post-tensioned or pre-stressed concrete.
Our site surveys can locate pipes used in the majority of underfloor heating systems.
Sometimes a simple site mark-up survey is all that is required. We do that too.
NDT surveys to determine the condition and thickness of railway ballast.
High-resolution rebar mapping is far superior to that offered by other techniques.
GPR surveys offer NDT determination of construction detail and thickness.
Void detection in most materials incl. concrete, stone walls and below concrete slabs.
GPR surveys to determine the thickness of screed, concrete slabs and walls.
We pride ourselves on our in-depth, comprehensive reports, written in plain English. CAD drawings, sketches and photographs are included as appropriate.
Sandberg has industry-leading consultancy experts and UKAS accredited laboratories providing in-house testing of construction materials, including concrete, metals and stone.
As a company, we can provide wholly independent professional and technical services to all concerned with the quality and performance of materials. Find out more about Sandberg.
Need more information?
Contact us to find out more about our GPR surveys and how we can help you:
Telephone: 0207 565 7056